Ricardo, globally, offers a wide range of mechanical development, component and systems engineering services to a broad range of engineering markets, including automotive, bus and truck, rail, marine, off highway, military, energy and associated component industries.
Ricardo Mechanical Development service supports automotive engineering by covering all aspects of powertrain development, failure investigation, resolution and validation.
Mechanical development solutions include:
- The Ricardo Mechanical Development process is considered at all stages in the product development cycle
- This process includes engine design validation planning (DVP), test cycle generation, specialist instrumentation, powertrain development and validation, forensic services and warranty reduction
- Projects are supported by a Mechanical Development database of Ricardo process and procedures documentation such as component, system and powertrain test procedures (test rig, functional and durability), test cycle generation, DVP process documentation, FMEA and risk assessment
- To support warranty resolution and product development programs, Ricardo have extensive experience in problem resolution services through the use of Ricardo 7D process
Ricardo Systems Engineering has experience in supporting automotive engineering by covering all aspects of component, system and engine design release from concept engineering through to production.
Systems engineering solutions include:
- The Ricardo Systems Engineering process is considered at all stages in the product design to production cycle
- The systems engineering process includes developing detailed component and system planning, preparing gateway documentation including component & systems technical specifications, risk assessment through FMEA, manufacturing engineering support, supplier liaison, part procurement and quality management.
- Projects are supported by a Systems Engineering database of Ricardo process and procedures documentation such as Systems Engineering and SQA manuals, component and system technical specification documentation, Ricardo RPDS process
- Ricardo have significant experience of carrying out risk assessments and to support projects, Ricardo have its own FMEA software