World-class capabilities for transmission design, development and niche manufacture
Ricardo has a world-class, fully integrated capability for driveline and transmission system design, development and niche manufacture. Its engineers have been responsible for an extremely wide range of products from on a global basis, from cost-optimised manual transmissions through to complete advanced 8x8 drivetrains. In all cases our engineers aim to meet customer needs through the delivery of the latest technologies focused on optimised efficiency, durability and reduced whole life costs.
Key benefits of the Ricardo service
- One of the world’s most highly respected and experienced transmission and driveline engineering teams
- Strong focus on strategic use of CAE to optimise base designs and minimise development iterations
- Comprehensive capability from concept and target setting projects and troubleshooting exercises, to full turnkey development programmes
- Back-up of the Ricardo in-house manufacturing facility for the warranted supply of product for niche volumes
- International engineering offices in key locations around the world provide direct communication links, detailed market knowledge, and on-site support as required